Monday, May 8, 2017

Kickstarter for StoryHack Action & Adventure

The Kickstarter for StoryHack has just been announced:
It all started a little while ago when I started listening to various fiction podcasts and reading modern literary magazines. I'm not going to name names here, but I was shocked at how little excitement there was in the stories I was reading. Now, I don't mind thinking a little, but I would prefer not to become bored and drift off to sleep every time I sit down to listen or read.
So what's a action adventure fan to do?
Meanwhile, in shadowed and dusty corners of the internet, people have discovered the great pulp authors of yesteryear. I'm talking storytellers like like Robert E. Howard, Edgar Rice Burroughs, and Leigh Brackett. Writers whose stories have life and action and passion. Stories with characters like The Shadow, Doc Savage, and Buck Rogers. It's almost like people have rediscovered the fact that reading short stories can actually be fun.
Every time I ran across other pulp-era fans my love for that type of fiction was rekindled.
At some point it occurred to me - maybe there are great writers out there still writing this stuff - perhaps there's just no where to publish it.
This thought birthed a dream. That dream devised a plan. That plan is conjuring itself into reality. That reality has a name:
StoryHack Action & Adventure.
And you can help make it happen.
Issue zero is available here for free (for the moment). Several PulpRev authors are featured!

No comments:

Post a Comment